Position Overland Transport Planner
Reporting to Manager Operations
To execute all operations activities in order to achieve objectives
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible and accountable for timely placement of vehicles to the customers according to projection.
- Responsible and accountable for the allocation of vehicles and manpower to dispatch cargo
- Responsible and accountable for optimal utilization of trucks
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all vehicles are monitored in roam works system from departure to arrival
- Responsible and accountable to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Responsible and accountable for analyzing and implementing improvements to existing processes, procedures, and issues impacting the customers and carriers
- Responsible for coordinating with workshop for vehicle related issues and ensuring resolution
- Responsible for trouble shooting
- Responsible for handling emergency situations as per emergency operations SLA / protocol.
- Responsible for managing the performance of drivers and staff during the shift
- Responsible for timeously submitting all the requisite reports to superiors
- Responsible for doing any other related logistics functions as requested or required
Key Performance Indicator’s
- Accuracy of reports
- Submitting reports as per the agreed deadlines
- 100% allocation of trucks and manpower as per projection.
- Number of delays in taking action on customer complaints
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Ability to inspect equipment, vehicles, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Ability to estimate sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- General knowledge of export/import procedures and documentation
- Proficient in MS Office
Education Graduate or Diploma in Operations/Supply chain management/Logistics management
Experience 5-7 years of relevant experience