If an apple had to travel thousands of kilometers to find its place on a shelf at a supermarket, would it still be fresh? Or would it be tired? We all know exactly what state it would be in. The entire F&B industry has some of the most challenging, demanding and complex logistics requirements that are driven by the ‘freshness’ aspect of the business. It requires a temperature-controlled and sensitive supply chain with detailed planning, management and specialized handling.
Allied Transport Cold Chain meets the industry’s demands head-on with experienced professionals who know just how to deliver ‘freshness’ on behalf of our customers. We understand JIT inventory management and also that different products have different time requirements (day/week/month/season).
At the heart of our cold chain services is high-quality infrastructure, a team of specialists, cutting-edge technology and highly controlled environments for the transport of different goods. We ensure that the sanctity of the temperature is maintained at every step of the proverbial apple’s journey, from producer to consumer. In fact, we even customize our solutions depending upon the nature of the products, which include:
- Meat and Poultry
- Chilled and fresh food
- Frozen Food
Let’s have a closer look at what makes us the preferred choice for the F&B industry.
- Premium logistics service using the most modern transportation technology
- Temperature-controlled facilities (+2/+8˚C, +15/+25˚C and frozen -20˚C), with handling capabilities for loading & unloading of perishables, available for all modes of transport
- A network of professionals trained in the applicable hygiene and security regulations – Allied Transport complies with industry standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and adheres to the strictest QHSE policies and procedures
- Traceability at every stage and the constant monitoring of the cold chain including food safety checks on extremely perishable products
- Customs brokerage services
- A network of platforms in the Middle East near key accredited hubs under customs control
Over the years, we have gained in-depth knowledge of the road network, which has helped us chalk out the shortest, fastest and safest delivery routes. By helping to reduce miles and time, you’ll get the benefit of delivering a fresher product to your customers.
Cold Chain Features
- 30 pallets that carry 2 rows
- Up to -20° temperature
- Special structural features to minimize air loss
- Fully compliant for F&B
- Thermo-coated floor for fast cooling system and less fuel consumption
- Multiple Reefer plug-in points for halts
- Protection dumper to avoid damages evaporator coil
- Capability to handle +2° to +8° C. and +15° to +25° C
- Robust CAPA and risk management processes in place, including written procedures and risk assessments of all delivery routes
- Regular qualification and validation of all equipment, including regular maintenance, calibration and Temperature Mapping of all refrigerated vehicles
- GPS tracking system to monitor temperature variations
So, when the ‘apple’ finally reaches the supermarket it tastes as good as when it was first plucked from its tree.